Sleep Deprivation

So this is an important topic for me, not only is my dad literally a Harvard sleep researcher, but he actually went to the staff of MPA several times showing them evidence and proving to them that the students were not getting enough sleep and that this could literally cause BRAIN DEVELOPMENT ISSUES. They did NOTHING. I might as well have done drugs as a teen it has the same effect. I cant even explain to you how tired I was all the time. I remember after getting home my first year I slept almost two full days. That says something. The worst of it was during the 40 day seva, we'd get up at 2am after going to sleep around 10pm usually. Often I would try to find places to sleep at the Golden Temple, this may have been disrespectful, but many students did it wherever they could find a place to hide from the staff. We'd get back around 5am and then have maybe a couple more hours to sleep before doing a full 12+ hour day of many hours of exercise, yoga and exercise we were supposed to stay awake for all of it. You didn't stay awake? Oh look you get to stand at attention for hours at the end of the night when you could be sleeping, covered in bugs and miserable. Funny how these posts on the website basically confirm this with less detail. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miri Piri Academy - the new living hell.

The visual description of MPA life

What were they thinking?